Beauty and Utility Arts is currently looking for more artists, crafters and creative writers to deliver a programme of quality, creative workshops for adults of all abilities to be held at our base in The Atkins Building, Hinckley throughout 2013, starting w/c 4th March.
We would like to receive expressions of interest for one off workshops that can be repeated or a series of workshops using a range of artistic mediums and techniques. We welcome applications detailing proposals for sessions, providing two references on max. one side of A4 to be sent to Katherine Brown, Beauty and Utility Arts, The Atkins, Lower Bond Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1UT or email@example.com
If you would like to deliver workshops in March or April, please send proposals by Monday 14th January, 5pm latest.
* Workshops should be 3 hours long with a half hour, mid point refreshment break, provided by Beauty and Utility Arts. Please state on your application whether workshops are for beginners, intermediate or advanced.
* Workshops are to take place on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays 10am – 1pm, 2pm till 5pm or 6 – 9pm. Please indicate on your application dates and times you are available between w/c 4th March and w/c 26th August.
* Artist fee is £120 and materials must be included. Administration will be handled by Beauty and Utility Arts.
* Customers should feel part of a quality, value for money arts activity with at least one item to take home with them.
* Marketing will be handled by Beauty and Utility Arts, but artists will be involved in promoting activities, including writing at least one guest blog post, taking photographs and gathering customer feedback. Please note workshops need between 8 and 10 people to run.
* Artists must be experienced enough to run workshops independently within our workshop space. We may suggest a taster workshop for artists who have less than two years workshop facilitation experience.
* PLI up to £5 million (essential) and a CRB check is desirable