Art-Tea Events is the Social Enterprise I work for as Development Manager and we’re currently recruiting for non-Exec Directors. So if you’re interested, have a look below and if you think anybody else might be interested, please spread the word!
Job Title: Non Executive Director (Unpaid/Expenses only)
Organisation: Art-Tea Events Limited (www.art-teaevents.co.uk)
Based at: Board meetings will be held once every 8 weeks at a central location in Hinckley with email and telephone contact inbetween.
Expenses: This is a voluntary post with payment of reasonable expenses associated with the cost of undertaking Board Member duties, to be discussed further at interview.
General information: Art-Tea Events Limited is a creative catering company with a social conscience, supporting carers and people using mental health and/or learning disability services. We provide good quality home made and seasonal catering for events and meetings, together with a choice of entertainment.
Art-Tea Events works with Apex Enabled, Sunshine Catering and BrightSparks: Arts in Mental Health group to create memorable, inspirational events. Art-Tea Events is committed to growing our business and supporting more people.
We are currently looking at ways to diversify our business and therefore would like to recruit suitable, passionate non-Executive Directors to support in shaping a positive future for Art-Tea Events.
What is the role?
A voluntary non-Executive Director is an appointment to the board of a company on a part time basis. The work of a non-Executive Director generally involves attending some board meetings and company functions, with the aim of providing experienced, intelligent advice to the company board, the chairman or management.
Art-Tea Events works with carers and people using mental health and/or learning disability services. We are therefore looking for up to four candidates who either have an interest in or direct experience of these areas.
We are particularly looking for candidates with experience of employment/benefits, finance, human resources and marketing. An additional interest in food and entertainment would also be beneficial.
You will be required to attend an induction afternoon, six meetings per year (up to three hours) at a central location in Hinckley and at least one event during each year in support of Art-Tea Events.
Additional areas of responsibility:
* To take responsibility for your role on the Board as a team member and on a personal level.
* To ensure Art-Tea Events makes good business decisions by challenging and working with the Development Manager and other Board members whilst exercising personal responsibility and accountability.
* To strengthen connections with the local community, potential volunteers and relevant individuals/organisations through your existing and new contacts.
* Share responsibility for communicating the decisions of the Board
* To promote the social aims and objectives of Art-Tea Events at all times, ensuring equality of opportunity in employment and service delivery
* To contribute to business planning and structured decision-making
What kind of people are we looking for?
People who will:
* Represent Art-Tea Events in a professional manner at all times
* Maintain a strong personal commitment to the social and business aims and objectives of Art-Tea Events
* Be passionate about what we do and want to promote our work
* Have an understanding of the components of a small Social Enterprise
* Have excellent communication skills and – through their use – the ability to relate to and understand the staff, partners and supporters who provide services for Art-Tea Events
* Have good organisation and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail
* Seek out potential business opportunities for Art-Tea Events
For further information on Art-Tea Events please contact Development Manager Katherine Brown on (07908) 750187 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send one A4 page stating your interest and suitability for this position together with your CV and details of two referees by 12 noon on Wednesday 4th April to:
Art-Tea Events Limited,
℅ Katherine Brown,
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone/email for interview on the morning of Wednesday 11th April.